About the Material, Fabrication & Installation Process
- Granite, one of the hardest natural minerals, is primarily made up of quartz and feldspar.
- Extreme Heat Resistant, & Scratch Resistant. Granite allows hot objects such as hot pans to be placed directly on the surface of the granite.
- Stains can be removed by a variety of methods depending on the type of stain. However, scratches need to be repaired by professionals only.
- As granite is a porous material it requires proper periodic resealing with a penetrating sealer at least once every few years to prevent staining.
- While you can cut on the surface of granite, it is not highly recommended as you may scratch the surface depending on how sharp the blade you use.
- ranite comes in Prefabricated Countertops 96" x 26", 108”x26, 108”x36”, 108”x42” & 108”x52”. Another option is raw slabs which typically are approximately 55 Sq. Ft. Depending on the outline of your countertop a professional Technician will help you in choosing the correct slab type.
- Quartz has many advantages over all other surfaces, including marble and granite.
- It does do not chip, crack or discolor.
- Because Quartz is non-porous and never needs sealing, it doesn't catch food residue or bacteria, and cleans with just a moist cloth.
- Composition of Quartz is 93 percent crushed quartz (silicon dioxide – SiO2), one of nature’s hardest minerals. Quartz is combined with high-quality polyester resins and pigments, and then compacted under intense vibration, vacuum, and pressure into dense, non-porous slabs. The slabs are gauged to precise thickness, and polished to an enduring shine or attractive honed finish.
- Examples of Quartz material can be found on our Quartz tab, the 2 major manufactures are Caesarstone & Silestone.
The Process: "We Are With You Every Step Of The Way"
Our technicians will arrive on the job site to make accurate patterns of the areas where the granite will be installed. Before a master template can be made certain requirements must be met.
Cabinet Placement & Fastening:
The cabinets must be set and fastened into their permanent location at the time of the template. The cabinets must be straight and level with one another. We assume no responsibility for prior cabinetry work, or craftsmanship.
Sub-Tops are plywood built under your 3/4"granite to help support the stone. We can provide Sub-Tops, and installation. For new cabinets, please specify to the cabinet-maker that you are planning to use granite as the countertop. This will help ensure that the cabinets will provide the proper support for the granite. We will usually template over old cabinet furnishings. Existing countertops must be removed prior to installation.
If you choose to have an undermount sink to be installed with your granite countertop, the sink should be at the job site for the template appointment so that we may take the proper measurements. If you chose an overmount sink to be installed with your granite countertop, the sink, and all of the plumbing fixtures should be at the jobsite at the time of template.
If you choose the "drop-in" style stove top that has a pop-up down draft, it is important that the appliance is at the job site when our technician is taking measurements. This unit fits very closely to the backsplash if you choose to have one, therefore it must be very accurate.
During the fabrication process our experienced cutting specialists are required to make decisions about where to place the necessary joints also called seems. Our technicians are instructed to keep their joints to a minimum, while maximizing the stone use of each slab. Our fabricators and installers are all highly skilled in order to cut, fabricate, and install these granite countertops in your home. Please see below for pictures taken during fabrication process.
Installation of your granite usually requires up to 5 business days after template. However, 1 Day Kitchen & Bath prides itself on quick installations, sometimes as quick as next day. We will contact you to arrange a time and date for a "Free Estimate", template and installation. Our professional staff will arrive at the job site as early as possible. Installation normally takes 1 day; however some larger jobs may take longer. Our installers are artist; they create a durable and visually stunning work of art. We strive on customer service, and customer satisfaction. "If you're not happy, We're not happy". The installation area should be free of construction materials, and appliances. This allows our professional staff to come in, and immediately get to work. The job site should have water and electricity available to our installers. When your granite countertop has been installed, and cleaned, our technicians will apply a penetrating sealer to the surface of the countertops. As noted above this should be done at least once every few years. The installation is now complete; however, you must allow the granite to weld itself into the countertop for a period of at least 12 hours before major use. Before our crew leaves the job site, we willbe sure that the job site is clean to your satisfaction. We want to be certain that you are 100% satisfied. The best compliment is a referral to your family, and friends. Thank you for your time and patronage.
© 2015 1 Day Kitchen & Bath
Website by WEBMOO